OK so today I was going to post about entering God’s rest. This is the passage that prompted it:
Hebrews 4: 1 – 3a Therefore, since the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us be careful that none of you be found to have fallen short of it. For we also have had the good news proclaimed to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because they did not share the faith of those who obeyed. Now we who have believed enter that rest …
Literally while I was writing this post, my laptop bottom was making an annoying noise on the table, so I opened the bottom… and, there was this tab there… and yes, I know, everyone is a fantastic help in letting me know I am blonde… I pulled it. It happened to be the battery, and my computer (as I would do I guess if someone disconnected me from my energy source mid sentence) froze. Hence, I have not been resting, but have been panicking, gasping for air, praying and have even endured a train trip to attempt to (unsuccessfully of course) get an appointment with an Apple Genius.
And thus, the conclusion of today’s post is:
1) withstand the little annoying things, lest you find more annoying things happen due to your attempts to fix them
2) Just because there’s a tab, doesn’t mean you need to pull it
3) If you do have a blonde moment, do not tell anyone about it, as this act will happily undermine all the intelligent things you have done and justify people treating you as stupid for at least 30 minutes.
4) If they do that, learn from my example and do not become bitter (hehehehe).
5) If you do intend to rest, then be prepared for an onslaught of distractions…. guess that proves my point, that rest is something that is both almost impossible to do in modern society, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t necessary, or meaningful.
Gonna go lick my wounds, and meditate on what I have learned today. Any prayers for the laptop is much appreciated. Your prayers for my stupidity are not appreciated… well …. ah, I’m out.